KOHLER 6 kW home standby generator single phase, LPG|Natural Gas, 6VSG is fueled by clean, affordable natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) and delivers consistent power to charge telecom, battery banks used with renewable energy and other applications.
KOHLER 6 kW 6VSG generator understands when your battery bank is low and turns on (automatically) to keep up with work demand, powered by commercial-grade KOHLER Command PRO engine.
– Super quiet operation with sound at 62 dBA at 50% load
– KOHLER 6VSG battery-charging generator efficiently charges battery banks when renewable energy sources can’t keep up with demand. If your battery charge drops below a pre-set level, the 6VSG charges it automatically.
– Longer engine life and reduced fuel consumption when compared to fixed speed; variable engine speed (2300-2900 RPM) reduces maintenance requirements and fuel consumption and extends the life of the engine
– Programmable Interface Module and OnCue® Generator Management System to communicate with the 6VSG remotely.
– Designed specifically for efficient charging of battery banks for renewable energy, telecom and other remote applications; provides consistent direct-current output to maintain battery banks directly without inefficient conversions from alternating current
– Can be used for industrial battery bus support to reduce the size of battery banks
– Can maintain batteries directly without an expensive converter or monitoring equipment
– Accommodates most systems; compatible with positive- or negative-grounded systems in 24, 36 and 48 volt configurations
– Steel enclosure with automotive-grade paint for advanced corrosion protection
– Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
– 5-year, 2000-hour warranty for on-grid applications
– Compatible with optional OnCue® Generator Management System 3.1 or higher and Programmable Interface Monitor
– 18-month, 1000-hour warranty for off-grid application
– Optional installed communications kit includes fuel-pressure switch and enclosure intrusion alarm
Rated kW NG 6 kW
Rated kW LP 6 kW
Amps LP 111 amps
Amps NG 111 amps
Alternator Note All information shown is for 48 VDC nominal voltage.
Displacement 725 cm³ (44 cu. in.)
Horsepower NG 18.5 HP, LP 21.2 HP
Enclosure Material Steel
Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 66 dB(A)
Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 66 dB(A)
Warranty Premium five-year/2000-hour limited warranty for on-grid applications, 18-month/1000-hour for off-grid applications
Country of Origin US
Automatic Transfer Switch Included No
Remote Monitoring Available Yes
Off Grid Warranty 18-month/1000-hour for off-grid applications
Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup|Off Grid
Weight 420 lbs. (191 kg)
Alternator Type Brushless, Permanent-Magnet
Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 75 cfh
Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 32 cfh
Controller VSC Controller
Cylinder Arrangement V-2
Dimensions 1008 mm x 707 mm x 723 mm (39.7 in. x 27.8 in. x 28.5 in.)
Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER
Engine Model CH740
Engine/Alternator RPM 3300
Fuel Type Natural Gas|LPG
Frequency Variable Speed, Direct Current
Phase Single Phase
Voltage @ 60 Hz 24/48
Digital Voltage Regulation ±0.5%
Built in Mounting Pad No
KOHLER 6 kW home generator is available in stores at the retail price of $5,300.